Come Join a Team That Is Making a Difference in Healthcare Every Day!
At Stratasan, we believe that informed growth planning drives better strategic decision-making. We provide market intelligence and actionable insights that allow hospitals and health systems to thrive in the challenging healthcare market.
We’re Always Looking for Bright, Ambitious, Team Players to Join Us
Lead Web Developer
We are looking for a lead web developer (Python experience preferred, but the focus here is on web) to join our team! This person will be leading our back-end web development efforts.
Stratasan is a Nashville-based company that provides intelligence on healthcare markets to hospital strategists, physician offices, community care experts & others. Our development team builds applications and tools used by healthcare professionals to make more informed decisions about how to best deliver care to their patients. As an example, we give guidance to our clients looking to place a new acute care clinic.
Why You Should Talk to Us
- Your skills and guidance will have an immediate impact to our small but growing company.
- We have interesting challenges aggregating, curating and securing billions of healthcare records.
- We do our best to follow the tenets of 12 Factor Apps and typically deploy to production multiple times a day through our chatbot.
- We build our products on the open source stack and contribute back where possible. Our team is heavily involved in the local Python community user group, PyNash. We have been regular sponsors and attendees of PyCon North America and PyTennessee.
- Python with Django & Django-REST-Framework-driven APIs
- PostgreSQL/Redshift/Redis datastores
- React + Redux
- ES6 syntax with Webpack & Babel
Why We Should Hear From You
- You can effectively communicate, deliver ideas and gather buy-in. If anything, you over communicate. We are not interested in hiring developers that only speak in code.
- You feel home working on back-end systems written in Python. Contributing across the stack may be a future goal but not necessary if you choose to join our team.
- You’re very comfortable building applications on the modern web. You may not know the intricacies of Python, Django or Redshift, but you have a history of delivering complex web applications. If you don’t know those technologies, we’d love to help you learn them!
- Simplifying the usage & visualization of data is the heart of our business. You are interested in manipulating and using large data sets.
- You’re not evangelical about Test Driven Development, but you gain peace of mind writing tests that ensure your contributions continue to work over time.
- You’re comfortable with version control and Git.
- You’re excited to review other team members pull requests, provide feedback and contribute your knowledge to the pool so that we all can improve together.
We’ve written a bit about our engineering culture and hope you find it interesting and welcoming. Feedback is also appreciated as we’re always trying to improve it.
If this opportunity sounds interesting, email us at email@example.com. Send us a plain-text resume and a way we can contact you. Feel free to include your GitHub or StackOverflow account but don’t feel pressured to do so. We welcome any source you can cite to demonstrate your ability to solve problems as we consider the most important aspect of the job.
Stratasan is in the business of data. As such, we get a variety of data in a variety of formats from a variety of vendors. This data can be received in several different ways.
This role will serve to facilitate data acquisition, quality checks, custom data pulls, and data security.
Essential Job Responsibilities
The Data Specialist will be responsible for working with our team of business and data analysts to ensure the quality, availability, and accessibility of incoming data. The analyst will work alongside the team to improve upon our already existing standards of data management policy and procedures.
This individual will communicate with clients about how to submit the data (methodology and format), communicate timelines of projects with the team, and provide quality assurance on incoming data as needed. This also includes verifying that the data we receive meets the minimum necessary requirements for the project at hand.
The Data Specialist will also be responsible for processing, manipulating, and some measure of reporting on relatively large and complex datasets with SAS, SPSS, and/or R.
- Familiarity with R and (ideally) SAS.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite is expected.
- The ability to communicate well, persuade, and manage time are all essential
- Problem-solving ability
- Attention to detail
- Healthcare experience is helpful, but not required.
- Familiarity with the following is helpful, but not required:
- Version control (git)
- 401k matching
- Healthcare coverage
- Flexible work environment and hours
- Growing company
- Located in downtown Nashville
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org or via LinkedIn
We hustle. We care deeply about our work and achieving the company’s purpose, and we hold each other accountable for doing so. We trust one another, have fun together, and put the team first. We are Stratasan.
Our office is located in downtown Nashville, just steps away from the Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park. Our space is open and interactive, and we pride ourselves with having the best coffee around, sourced from a local roastery, Bongo Java.
Growth is in our DNA. Not only do we help hospitals and health systems grow strategically, but we are dedicated to the growth of our employees, both personally and professionally.
Everybody Makes the Coffee
We help where help is needed. Whether we’re asked to pitch in on an important call, run a meeting at the last minute, or make the morning coffee - everybody does what’s necessary to keep the engine running. We don’t believe in “pulling rank.”
Make Us Stronger
The toughest conversations, when approached with kindness and respect, yield the best outcomes for the business and the team. We don’t hide from tough conversations.
Seek First to Understand
We try to see other people’s perspective prior to sharing ours. We make a deliberate effort to see things from their point of view and refrain from judgement until we do. This goes for interaction with customers, colleagues, and prospects alike.
Assume Positive Intent
We believe it’s important to start from the assumption that people are good and that their intentions are positive. We believe this builds stronger and more trusting relationships.
Punch Above Your Weight Class
We grow by doing things that challenge us. We believe success favors the bold; we encourage our team to continually stretch out of their comfort zones. Good athletes become great by competing against those better than them.
Our Success is My Success
We support one another, strive for the success of the team, and recognize that nothing is done alone.
Show Up Don't Quit
Whatever we are doing at Stratasan, we must first consciously Show Up; and when things are difficult we must convinces ourselves Don’t Quit.
Like What You See?
Check Out Our Latest UpdatesNews, Events and Trainings